Our aim is to end the institutionalisation of children in Sri Lanka
Since our HEARTS campaign launched at the Houses of Parliament in 2018
We have influenced the first National Alternative Family Care Policy For Children in Sri Lanka
which has paved the way forward for the development of the first foster care system.
We work alongside local communities to provide solutions to empower, strengthen and uplift families,
to create a model of sustainable systematic change to prevent child abandonment.
- We reunite children in orphanages with families
- We create sustainable livelihood projects
- We provide first-rate preschool education in an orphanage and in the community
- We provide vocational training to give life skills to older institutionalised children
- We provide a helpline and probono lawyering services to abused women and girls
- We provide protection and education to single mothers and their babies
- We provide schoolbook packs to enable the education of children in schools
- We enhance education in rural schools
- We transform the care of children orphanages through TFT HEARTS training programme
- We provide emergency food and medical supplies to families suffering malnutrition and starvation
- We train National Childcare services, the judiciary, faith groups, local NGO's, faith groups and local communities in Alternative Family and Foster Care in collaboration with specialist partners.